Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 17th


I can't believe that it has been over two and a half years since my accident. 
It was such a crazy time for me and my family. 
I feel like I grew so much and I am so grateful for the blessings that came from my accident. 
For those of you who don't know what I am talking about when I say "accident"
I broke my neck. 
Yes, "be careful or your going to break your neck" is not just an expression. 
I actually did and I have the battle wounds to prove it.

The back scar has really healed up just fine and you can hardly notice it.
But this front scar has turned into a keloid which is not that flattering. 
 
My parents came to me after this started happening and asked me if i wanted to get it taken care of so it was not as noticeable. 
At first, I did not really want to. 
Battle wounds. 
Duh.
But then after random people started asking me in the check out line what happened. 
Or people at parties bring up as a conversation starter, I thought. 
This thing has got to go.
Plus, over the years it has become even worse that it hurts to touch.

So today I saw the doctor to have this bad boy tamed! 
I am so excited!
Because lets face it random grocery store worker
It is kind of an awkward conversation starter. 
"Oh what happened"
"ummm, I broke my neck"
"oh... "
yeah, you didn't see that one coming huh. 
 
So here's to dodging that bullet!

2 comments:

  1. awesome! good for you girlfriend!

    a funny story? don't be offended because it's not in that kind of context. the other sunday when Kristen gave her talk, you guys walked in, and Drew said- "is that the girl that was at our wedding reception in a neck brace?" which is very shocking because all he remembered was his own family. everyone else, is a blur to him. and he totally remembered you! and he didn't even know you were sisters with kristin! so that was news to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone can pull off that battle wound it is the one and only courtney calkins i mean kelly! haha. love you

    ReplyDelete